Articles

Our History

Galva is the first privately owned electronic company in Indonesia. In early September 1946,Uripto Widjajawith Subrata Pranatadjaja and Okar Senda established Galva Radio And Electric Service Firm in Jakarta. The office was located at Molenvliet Oost 27 (now Hayam Wuruk) and it was started with only 3 employees.

Its business type was buy and sell new and second hand radio, and also radio service and repair. In 1953, to expand the business, Galva Firm change its name to NV Galva Trading Company. With this new company status, Galva can do import business, buy radio or component from other countries and sell it in Indonesia.

Galva started manufacturing business in 1955, early radio was assembled and sold in Indonesia. In 1956, Galva create its own brand for radio product, Galindra (Galva Industri Radio).